Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Alecisms


This entry will be devoted to a few cute Alecisms. First, the bellybutton. Alec discovered his belly button yesterday. He pulled his onesie super far out and looked down. I wish I got that much joy from looking at my bellybutton!

Second, Alec has learned to open the screen door / sliding glass door when it's not locked. Yesterday he used this new-found skill to go play out on our patio and ended up climbing in the bike trailer. He got out to get his helmet, then climbed back in, tried to put on his helmet, and looked at me as if to say, "Alright, I'm ready... why aren't we going anywhere?" I guess he's really enjoyed our bike rides to church on Sundays. Personally, I've LOVED those.


Third, we gave him his own bowl and spoon for lunch today. He had so much fun! We had tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches and he sat contently in his chair for so long, we were able to finish our lunches and he was still going! He did quite well using the spoon correctly. He only tipped out soup onto the floor once. This is such a fun time with him! (I need to remind myself of that more and more often)

7 comments:

Ryan & Jess said...

Alec's hair is looking so cute! How fun to see him growing and learning. It is hard to appreciate each stage, especially as the mom I think. Everyday people tell me how fun this age is (for Mady) and I have to remind myself not to focus on the little tantrums. Alec makes me excited for the future!!

Jim and Dixie said...

What cute pictures! It makes us feel not so far away to see current things that he is doing. What a big boy!

Liam and Kimberly Breakwell said...

(I forgot that you guys have a blog too! It's wonderful because now I can get more regular updates!) Oh, Alec is soooo cute! I hope our little boy will be just as cute as him! We are excited!

Libby said...

what a cutie!

brooke said...

I need to take some pointers from you and relax a bit. You are a brave mom to give Alec tomato soup and a spoon!I think I would strip McKenzie down first. :) So fun to watch him grow and learn. He is so cute Britt! We love you guys.

Radene said...

cute stories. Isn't it sO nice to be able to eat a meal and have the child be able to help himself!? Love you!

Radene said...

Your carrier looks great!