Thursday, March 20, 2008

Celebrate

Well we survived the week of finals and babysitting. Chris had some doozies, the worst was a 24 hour "take home" final which took him about 12 hours! He was at the library until 2:00am last night and went in early before turning it in by noon. What a way to finish up a week full of 1 midterm, 1 paper, 2 homeworks and 1 24 hour final. Also this week, I was fortunate to get a few babysitting jobs. For the last two days all day (9:oo-4:30) I've been the "mother" of 4 children, ages 6, 5, 2, 1. The children were actually very good natured and Alec loves to have friends over so it really was a happy home for the most part, thanks to my mediation skills. However, I'm still so totally exhausted and drained that I went to sleep the last two nights at 9:00 and 10:00. Good thing the "celebrate" endorphins are kicking in so Chris and I can watch a movie and enjoy some sorbet or else I would probably bite the dust in the next half hour before Chris comes home from scouts... at least we are both hoping that they kick in soon. :)

Enjoy this random movie of Alec's new / detested skill. (detested by the parents, that is, HE loves it)



fyi - the detested skill is the climbing on chairs/table skill, not the cute way to say "thank you" skill.

4 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Littler loved watching this with me. Maybe because she could hear your voice, since she thinks you're the bomb.

Hawks said...

your a crazy lady..i guess you can handle having tons of kids! Just finished Magic Study..love it!

Ryan & Jess said...

I bet it was a bit of a shock going from having one to having four kids! Tell Chris that we are glad he survived - - and that you survived!!

Barb: said...

I can't believe how big Alec is! I'm amazed at all you can handle--Chris with the busy school schedule, Brittney with the bread-baking and kid-watching. Wow! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon somehow! p.s. we didn't get into the Stanford program, so that's a no-go :(