Monday, April 28, 2008

First Hair Cut

Yes, thats right. We did the unthinkable. We cut Alec's cute curls off. We were both nervous and apprehensive, but to be honest, it was time. I made sure to tell lots of people at church yesterday that we were thinking about it, so that I could have a bit of social pressure to actually follow through with all my talk. I'll post a before and after picture so you all can compare for yourself, but I'll bluntly say that I absolutely love it.

This is a few days before...
This is moments before...
This is moments after ...This is one day after...

Now that we've switched to one nap a day, Alec is incredibly tired by lunch time. On the days that we're playing outside, and lose track of time which leads to a later lunch, he is practically falling asleep at the table. In fact, theres no "practically" about it. He is falling asleep at the table. Check out this video.

video

7 comments:

Ryan & Jess said...

He looks so much older! Way to be brave and just do it.

What is your actual due date?

jodi said...

Oh, he looks SO cute! And congrats on expecting, we're excited for you guys! I made our blog private, but I didn't have an email address for you. If you want, you can email it to me at jodi_archibald@yahoo.com

Jim and Dixie said...

He looks like such a little man. I love the wet suit too. Is that the one that Diane gave you? And the video of the napping lunch is great. I remember my kids doing that too! too precious.

MandaMommy said...

First, even though I already told him so myself, the haircut is WAY cute! Second, the video is super cute too. I actually laughed out loud at the end because it's so cute/funny to see little kids so tired that they can't even keep their eyes open even when you're trying to talk to them. That's what Littler does every week at the end of church...
I love that little dude!

Radene said...

Brittney, I am amazed! I have to say, I didn't think you would do it but I am proud of you and he looks way cute! Love the pictures. You'd be a little surprised to see carter who has a couple curls...as I have been resisting the 1st hair cut, since he really doesn't have tons anyway. He'll get a cut soon though. Great pictures!

Heather said...

i love the shorter hair. his curls were darling but he's even more handsome now. He looks more ready to be a big brother. the sleep eating therapy seems to be working!

Shelly Beth said...

Aw! That video is way too cute! It makes me laugh. It has been a while since I have been in the blog world. Happy to see you are having fun with your little family! What is this I am reading about expecting!? Take car.