Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my sweet Christopher. It was his birthday, almost a whole week ago. Alec and I tried hard to make it a special day and had a LOT of fun doing just that. It started off great, with Alec letting us sleep in an extra 45 min for some reason. Then when Chris was at a research meeting, Alec and I surprised him with cookies! He came home early and we opened presents: a bike pant holder, 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, sandals and some socks and.... a Bocce Set! Then some good friends watched Alec and fed him dinner while Chris and I went out to dinner. We tried this local mexican restaurant where the prices were average and the food was great. Afterwards we came home to have a party with some good friends and had cupcakes and a surprise, home-made strawberry cream cheese vanilla ice cream cake. Chris deserved every bit of fun since he is so wonderful. He works hard at school, but makes time for us, and helps me out all the time. He's the best father and the best husband. I'm so lucky, and so in love. Enjoy the pictures!

Alec helping me make the cake!
Opening presents...
Family birthday picture
The cake.

2 comments:

MandaMommy said...

That cake is so stinking pretty!

Ryan & Jess said...

That cake is GORGEOUS! Seriously, email me the recipe. I've never made an ice cream cake! It looks so yummy, I am craving it already.