Friday, July 18, 2008

together again...

Wahoo! Chris is back from his conference in Chicago! He was sorely missed at home. We tried to keep busy doing things here like playing outside, tending the garden, and SHOPPING! Retail Therapy works for me. I'm not sure why, it could be because I'm a Betteridge, or I'm a female Betteridge, or maybe just because I'm a female. Anyways, Alec and I did our quarterly trip to Savers on Monday and had lots of success. We found some sweet 2T clothes for only $1 each, and a few sheets for the following projects. 1- a maternity dress and 2-a makeover for our bedroom. I skipped number 1 and went straight to number 2 in order to "surprise" Chris while he was gone. (I will admit it did help to not have him home to say, "why? whats wrong with the way it looks now?") I cut the sheets up to make matching curtains and pillowcases and then found complimenting pillowcases and bed skirt at Walmart. So now our room looks like this.


Oh and we're getting produce from our garden! We get strawberries pretty regularly ... the last time we went we picked 6! We are getting lots of crookneck squash now, and some of our tomatoes are finally turning yellow/orange!

8 comments:

MandaMommy said...

It looks awesome! And I LOVE the way that other fabric worked on top! So cool!

Radene said...

Brittney, you are so creative! Way to go. I wish I lived near you so I could work on projects with you. :-)

Radene said...

PS. It looks really good, I hope Chris liked it. And we'll have to pray that your baby doesn't come while Chris is away!...oh that would be something wouldn't it...but I'm sure you don't want to think about that. Hey, thanks for the idea about the quiet books while we were at the reunion.

I was at the church the other day and a friend of mine is the janitor for our building. To make a long story short, we left our quiet book at the church last Sunday and my friend found it and opened up to a certain page in it which ended up being an answer to prayer for her. When she saw me, she shared that experience with me, which was so neat to hear, all thanks to your idea to make them! So neat how the gospel works. I love it.

Liam and Kimberly Breakwell said...

Wow, you're so domestic! I'm impressed! I wish I had a sewing machine and some mad skills like that. A garden with fresh veggies would also be very fun and is something I would like to do in the future!

Ryan & Jess said...

I LOVE your bedroom makeover. I have been wanting to do ours, but don't even know where to start. You are so crafty!

I have told you before, but I am insanely jealous of your garden. So fun to have some home-grown goodness to eat!

Hawks said...

very nice!!

jodi said...

Wow, very impressive! I hope Ben doesn't find out or he'll think I should be able to do the same for us. I'm definitely not that crafty. It looks great!

Doug and Heather said...

Brittney! I was so happy to read your comment on our blog! How have you been? Your family is so cute! When is your baby due, and what are you having? I can't deny that I was crossing my fingers for a girl, but I'm warming up to a little boy now! We're really excited! Well, I have to say, I am quite jealous of your craftiness, nice work on the room!