Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 1

Today is Day 1 of "Chris in China." I thought it might help me get by to blog a bit about each day, something to do with my evenings. I only cried hard for 20 minutes or so and that seemed to be all I needed to do today. Alec had a fun day at preschool. He got to take his bear, Sasha, with him and he's talked about Sasha pretty much all day after that. The landscaping renovation in our courtyard has come to the point where there are no fences around our patios or between buildings and no asphalt pathways, just dirt and rocks. All that open space and throwable objects is heaven for an almost 2 year old boy.

In celebration of it being a Friday, I gave Alec an ice cream cone after dinner tonight. He's never had one all my himself before and he seemed to relish in his "big-ness." He copied every move I made as I ate mine. If I held my cone with two hands, so did he. He followed me when I: leaned one elbow on the table, scratched my arm, licked my ice cream, bit into my cone etc... Since Chris took the camera to China, I took a picture from my cell phone and despite how it looks, Alec is happy.

2 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Wow, China. Exciting! I can only imagine being at home with a little one all by yourself while being so big and pregnant. You are an admirable woman. That ice cream story is so cute! Being a little copy cat.

Ryan & Jess said...

I would have been crying for a lot longer than that - good job!


I honestly can't believe how grown-up Alec is getting. Adorable. LOVE the ice cream cone story! Can't wait to stay updated on your days :)

And if you are ever feeling lonely, give me a call!! We should Skype again.