Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 11 - The final day

We made it! Our 11 day sojourn apart has come to an end. Yesterday, day 10, was long and fun. We just stayed at home since we could watch Conference on the computer. It was our last day with Tiffany and Andrew. Alec is going to miss having a buddy always at home, sleeping in his room and taking baths together. But the best news for today is, CHRIS IS HOME! We are all finally reunited. We dropped Tiffany and Andrew off at the airport and then parked the car and chilled in the airport for a few hours until Chris' flight got in. We watched his plane pull into the gate (the picture from my cell phone below...Chris' plane is the red one), and waited behind customs to welcome him. We first saw him on a TV screen walking down to the arrival lobby, which gave us just enough time to throw our snack in my purse and run to the opening to meet him with hugs, kisses, and tears. I couldn't help shaking from pure joy and happiness that he made it safely home; not to mention victoriously home! We are so blessed and grateful that everything has gone as smoothly as possible.

2 comments:

Ryan & Jess said...

I'm so glad he made it back ok - and that baby boy waited for his daddy! Now you are ready!!!! We love you guys...

Johnny and Emily said...

hey there old neighbor! Brittney, i found your blog through Kim's! Isn't it amazing we are all married and have kids! congrats on your 2nd pregnancy! I cannot wait to have another one myself! I even went to Tiffany's site. Her daughter looks exactly like her and you! (my opinion). I have been reading your blog...hope that is okay! :)
<3 Emilyanne Kaline/Gutierrez