Monday, November 24, 2008

favorite things

With a new baby in the house, there are many things that quickly become new favorites. Like a full stack of clean blankets, diapers, wipes and burp rags in every room, or the baby swing to put Charlie to sleep in when I need to play with Alec, or Easy Mac, and canned Costco chicken. The new favorite thing that I really wanted to blog about was my wrap. Ok, actually its my friends wrap, but who cares? This thing is awesome.

I love it for the following reasons. Charlie usually falls asleep whenever he's in it. It keeps my hands free to do things like the dishes or dig in the sand with Alec. Its way more comfortable on my back and shoulders than any other carrier I've used. There are no 'digging in' places, since the wide fabric is evenly dispersed around me. There are many different ways to put babies of any size in it. I like the way it looks on people. It fits Chris just the same as me, no altering straps. However, like most things, there are some draw backs. It does take a little bit more time to put it on, and... and what? That's it. That's the only thing I don't like about it.

Speaking of favorites, a non-baby-related favorite is homemade scones. Growing up, sometimes Chris' mom would make bread and save some dough to make scones for dinner. They put BBQ beef, like a sloppy joe mix, inside some for dinner then jam and honey inside others for dessert. Yum, Yum. We tried making them on our own this past week and they actually turned out pretty good! We'll definitely add them to our list of favorite dinners to make often.

2 comments:

Libby said...

you are still digging in the sand with Alec?! it is snowing here!!!

Ryan & Jess said...

I made a sling with my mom and have loved having it for Mady! I am intimidated by the kind that you have - it looks so complicated to put on! We love scones, too! Such a fun dinner.