Thursday, January 29, 2009

down in the trenches

If life is a battlefield, sometimes you'll be out front advancing and reveling in the glory of gaining. And sometimes you'll be holed up in the trenches doing everything you possibly can to stay alive and still not make any headway. Right now, I'm in the trenches. I'd rather not list all that I'm struggling with because I know to some they'll seem paltry and insignificant, even I think they are. I know I should keep my chin up and just keep plugging away. I know that I'll get over this pretty quickly and look back with understanding. I know that its most likely related to my no-exercise, no-shower, no-sleep existence today. I also know that Alec is upstairs screaming when he should be sleeping. Aieee. Wish me luck as I make a desperate attempt to succeed in having patience for the first time today. (Pardon my overused analogy but thanks to my current book, war is on my mind.)

6 comments:

Megs said...

Oh Brittney, I hear you. I called my mom in tears yesterday and said "I don't think I can do it one more day." But then here I am one more day. And tomorrow I'll do it again.

You're not alone!! And your worries are not insignificant. Its hard to give up showers, sleep, and basically everything.

Libby said...

oh i feel ya britt! yesterday was a LONG day at my house...the day just seemed to get worse and worse. tonight go in and watch your boys sleep- that always seems to put things into perspective for me (and make me feel a little guilty for my behavior during the day). good luck today!

Janelle said...

you're not alone. every day is hard, each in it's own way. and there is no way around it. i always call my mom when i bottom out, just to know that someone understands. you'll make it!

Amy said...

Sleep deprivation is a common torture/interrogation technique. Goes right along with your analogy. For what it's worth, I think you're neat.

Radene said...

Hey, i am sorry, I know how those days are. I hope you get a better one tomorrow. We love you all the same and hope your smile returns soon.

Ryan + Jess said...

I wish I could give you a hug - sounds like you are in need of one! I'm sorry life is hard right now; it seems to pile on you all at once, doesn't it? Just keep fighting and remember that we all have days like that and all we can do is keep plugging away and hoping tomorrow is better. Love you!