Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beautiful Easter

I wanted this Easter to be different. I wanted to start traditions that focus on Christ. I wanted it to be as enjoyable and as meaningful as Christmas. I didn't know how to get all that done, and I'm not sure I did. But I do know that I enjoyed this weekend and I am grateful for all the opportunities I found and made to share my testimony with Alec. I am grateful for chance to ponder the background, implications and symbolism of Christ's atonement and resurrection. I know that He suffered for our sins, allowing us to be forgiven of our mistakes and start life anew each day. I've experienced the uplifting joy of forgiveness. It is real.

This weekend I've been struck, more than ever, how alone Christ was and aside from the physical pain experienced in Gethsemane and on the cross what emotional and spiritual turmoil He endured for us, of his own accord. I know that Christ lives. He rose from the tomb on that third day nearly 2,000 years ago. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that we too will live again after our life on Earth. I pray I live my life here in such a way as to live my next with Him and my precious family, together forever. Happy Easter.

6 comments:

dixie said...

Thanks for the link to the video. It was amazing! And thanks for sharing your thoughts on Easter--very touching. And a beautiful family pic. We miss you.

Amy said...

I like this post.

Heather said...

You're doing a great job as a Mother, Britt <3

Keeping Easter centered on Christ will be a great blessing for your sweet family.

LOVED the pictures.

Shelly Beth said...

Love your Easter thoughts! I also love the family pic and LOVE your long hair...I know I have said that before....

Hawks said...

cute family pictures

brooke said...

I love this post. And I LOVE your pictures. It is all so beautiful. I miss you!!!