Wednesday, April 8, 2009

simple life

Nothing out of the ordinary happened today. The boys woke us up. We all played in bed. I went exercising. Chris went to his office. I organized the house. Alec played golf. I tried to get Charlie to laugh. We went outside and Alec played basketball. The boys took naps. We read books together. Chris came home. We ate dinner, put the boys to bed and cleaned the house. Despite its average-ness or maybe because of it, it was an AMAZING day. I love my boys. Life right now is simple and I know it won't always be that way. I'm happy.



Part 1: Alec thinks he is Tiger Woods and gets upset when he doesn't sink every 20 foot putt. (Also, his blatant disregard for what I ask is also part of every normal day)
Part 2: Charlie doesn't really laugh, he smiles big, holds his breath and lets it out in short grunts. I spend chunks of each day trying to get him to really belly laugh. I'm sure it'll happen soon.
Part 3: Alec makes this crazy "monster voice" or "scary voice" and we got it on video towards the end of dinner.

6 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Oh man, I LOVE that monster voice! That's the cutest thing ever! Especially 'I'm going to eat you'.

Shelly Beth said...

Don't you just love normal days that feel perfect!? Tell Alec his monster voice is very scary! LOL, what a funny boy :) I love when kids come up with crazy stuff like that.

Ryan + Jess said...

Alec's monster voice is awesome!

Brit, I'm so glad to hear that things are going good for you guys. Its funny because sometimes I have days like that and I am not happy and feel unfulfilled and other days are exactly the same, but I feel happy and fulfilled. Doesn't make sense...

dixie said...

The whole video is just great. Alec is an amazing putter, I love to hear Charlie's little giggle, and that monster voice is scary as can be!!

Heather said...

Thanks!!! What fun to see Alec's determination with his golf...loved the twisting body as if that might make the ball go in...so fun.

Charlie is quite the charmer with his big grin...can't wait to kiss those cheeks soon.

The scary voice combined with dinner on the face is just classic!!

tericksen said...

I love the monster voice! haha...that was awesome