Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Hungarian hello

So I am in Hungary. Have been for a whopping 30 hours. It has been fun so far. I was 10 minutes late to my flight from Brussels to Budapest, but somehow they saved the plane for me. I was pretty tired yesterday, but things today have seemed more normal.

This morning was my presentation. It went ok, I guess. I felt a little more nervous during it than I thought I would, spoke a little bit faster than normal, and finished with plenty of time to spare. Directly after the talk, and then during the poster session I had the chance to talk to several people about the work I do, which was fun. It is nice that some people find it interesting. Hopefully some of them will join us for next year's competition. This afternoon we wandered around downtown Budapest for an hour or so. It was a little bit drizzly, but hopefully you can get a sense for some of it in the pictures. I hope to take more tomorrow. Then friday morning I head back home to my desperately missed family.

I don't even know what most of the pictures are pictures of, just cool things I saw as we walked around. The pictures of the buses and trams are specifically for Alec. I love and miss you, Alec. You too Charlie. And especially you, Brittney.

my presentation (sorry it is so dark)







2 comments:

Megs said...

Jaj! Oh I wish I were you right now (besides the giving a presentation part).

Ryan + Jess said...

So cool to travel somewhere new and experience new things!