Wednesday, June 3, 2009

new shoes and happiness

Spending money is so much fun. Wait, let me qualify that a bit. Spending money on things you know you'll use and love for an awesome price is so much fun, and only if you don't do it very often. Today, I had so much fun. A while back I set myself a prize of buying new running shoes and new running clothes after I ran 10 miles. Last Saturday, my running friends and I ran 10 miles which, for us, is about 2 hours of straight running. To give you an idea of how fun it was I'll roughly quote one of my friends during the run, "This is like one of our girls night outs except instead of all the yummy food, comfy seats and fun movies, we're running, thirsty and tired." It actually wasn't so bad, we set a doable pace and just never stopped. Keep in mind this opinion is coming from a recently fed, sitting, 4-days-later self. Sweet wonderful Chris and our cute boys met us around mile 7 with water and sports drinks. The sight of his smiling face (and hands full of water) made me want to jump and sing parts of the Messiah. Unfortunately, or probably fortunately rather, a shallow wave and sweaty kiss was all that came out. He is so supportive. He makes it all possible for me.

Anyway, I have new running shoes. I have new running clothes. They are so sweet I'll feel like a poser when I wear them on our next run. I still don't consider myself a runner and yet I do enjoy running anything under 6 miles. I never thought I'd say that but wouldn't you know it ... the world is not flat and I enjoy running.

9 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

You are an inspiration. Maybe one day I will eat my words and enjoy running, too. Congrats on the new clothes! You deserve them!

dixie said...

Wow. I'm so impressed. Way to go. And you totally deserve the new clothes and shoes. You'll put them to such good use. Wahoo!!

Amy said...

I'm proud of you for your running. And getting the right gear can really make a difference.

Ryan + Jess said...

Good for you! I bought new exercising clothes awhile back to and it sure does make a difference! Helps you exercise on those days you just don't feel like it.

10 miles is such an accomplishment! WAY TO GO!!

cotton-headed-ninny-muggins said...

Hmmm, maybe I should set more goals to buy more clothes. I'm always looking for an excuse:)
Congratulations on 10 miles!!

Hawks said...

well done! You better break those running shoes in before the race.. i love getting new running clothes..you feel HOT when you run...it always helped me to look cute when I had to workout..And people will not think your a poser..they will be jealous that you are a true runner..

Radene said...

Cute post Brittney. YOu have a great writing style that's fun to read. I"m so happy for you, now I want to see a picture of you in your new outfit! make sure you post one soon. Sure love you, thanks for calling the other day.

Heather said...

I'll be cheering from the North when you run in your new outfit tomorrow!! Love you tons...

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.