Thursday, July 30, 2009

Alec can read!

Well, almost. More like, Alec can memorize a book using visual cues to help him remember! Here he is reading Blue Hat Green Hat by Sandra Boynton. (I'm giving you the shortened version where I cut out all the times Alec got distracted by Charlie or started being silly and made up color names like "Toe-peh" and "Nee-noh")


(UGH the video isn't loading right and my patience has run out. I'll have Chris fix it when he gets home.) Ok well I think I got it to work but it's all choppy and of poor resolution. I'll have Chris fix that too when he gets home, oh blessed hour.
video

Medical Update: Alec is feeling better! The parts of his skin that broke out first are starting to fade, and some spots on his bottom have disappeared completely. Other parts are just getting to the worst but at least I can guess they will also start to fade soon. He's able to eat practically normally and complains less and less about his lips/tongue hurting. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts and concern. We've been sweetly blessed.

3 comments:

dixie said...

What a great reader! And good with colors too. I'm so glad that his rash is going away. Blessed day.

thom said...

We are so glad alec is improving! And what a great reader alec is! Can you leave him in Utah when you come so he can read my textbooks to me? Charlie is almost walking too, looks like. What cute boys! We'll keep praying for you guys.

Heather said...

Way to go, Alec!! Favorite time of day has always been when Daddy comes home...:)