Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Huntington

Picture some of the pretty landscaping shots from The Wedding Planner, Memoirs of a Geisha, and The Little Princess and you'll be picturing what I saw at the Huntington's Botanical Gardens. It was breathtaking. The boys were good sports as I pushed them around the 207 acre gardens. From jungle to desert and from Chinese to Shakespeare they had it all. I especially loved the Japanese bonsai court. It's crazy how small and yet how old the trees looked. Sorry for the picture overload, I just couldn't help myself.

Alec loved the Rainforest gardens. It was constantly misting and they had a little pond where you could see through one side.


Obviously, the kids' favorite spot was the Children's Garden. They had playable water fountains and kid-sized tunnels and climbable rocks. We had a picnic lunch here and then left for the hotel. I was sad to miss Huntington's Art Collections and Library (apparently they have a large Mormon section) but I wasn't brave enough to put the kids through that. Regardless, we had a thoroughly enjoyable visit and it has given me more 2-kid-1-parent-outings confidance.


COMING UP NEXT: Excursions with Chris ...

No comments: