Monday, July 20, 2009

Its been a while

Yes, it has. Chris did a fantastic job presenting his paper at the IJCAI conference and workshop in Pasadena. (So I heard. I wish I could've seen it myself but I think with the two kids we would've been a tiny distraction) He also made some good contacts; one of which being with the VP of Disney Research.

The boys and I enjoyed our hotel and some local kid-friendly places in Pasadena. We've got loads of pictures and I'm tempted to do small, frequent posts about the trip to stretch it out, but we all know that I rarely follow through with my declarations to post more later. So maybe I'll throw them all on here. On second thought, I should use this nap time a little more productively so I'll just post some "fun in the hotel" pictures on here and save the rest for subsequent posts... I PROMISE!

This picture was taken from me standing on our HUGE and comfy king sized bed. We had Charlie in the pack n' play in the corner and Alec had a little tent/bed under the desk. We all knelt around the small table for meals and ate here most of the time thanks to cereal, bagels, PB and J and microwave mac n' cheese.

The boys' favorite hotel past time was to drive around these wind-up cars. They also enjoyed throwing balls into the ice bucket acting as proxy for a basketball hoop and looking out the window at the pool 2 stories down.

COMING UP NEXT: Pasadena Kidspace Museum...

SIDE NOTE - In other big news, Charlie has a tooth! He's putting everything in his mouth like crazy and thinks its a game when I say, "Not in your mouth, Charlie!" while swatting the leaf, stick, rock, or shoe away from his face.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love, Love, Love the pictures!! Such darling boys...driving cars is certainly the classic playtime activity...fun anytime, anywhere :)

dixie said...

We're so glad that your vacation/conference turned out well. We love ALL the pictures--such beautiful boys and so many wonderful adventures.