Monday, July 27, 2009

Update

There practically is no update. I can't decide if its worse or better so at least its not obviously worse. Yesterday he was able to eat some graham cracker, a few bites of my birthday cake, a handful of blueberries, 2 cups of milk and a cup each of water and juice! So there are some improvements. His lips are almost back to normal size and the swelling around his eyes/cheeks is down. The doctor said he'd call again today and I'm planning on asking him what symptoms are supposed to last the longest and for how long his saliva is contagious. Charlie still seems to be acting normal. It looks like we'll pull through. Relief Society yesterday was very inspirational (Chris went to sacrament meeting and then switched me at home so I could go to Relief Society) and has helped me both put my hardships in perspective and reminded me of resources I can draw on for help. I'm feeling loved, supported, strengthen, uplifted and empowered.

3 comments:

Megs said...

Brittney, you inspire me. Bless your heart. Having a sick kid is like the worst thing in the world.

Happy Birthday to you, though. Hang in there!

Ryan + Jess said...

I can't believe you are dealing with this! So scary...hope he pulls through soon!

brooke said...

Oh Britt!! I am soooo sorry this is happening. The poor little guy. Nothing is worse than watching your child suffer. When McKenzie dealt with a similar thing about 6 months ago she was almost hospitalized for dehydration...but they said don't worry so much abt the not eating. Sometimes freezing gogurts can help. I sure hope it goes away soon! Keep you in our prayers! Just remember that times like these make us more grateful for our happy healthy children. all our love, Millars