Monday, August 10, 2009

5 Years, 10 Years

This weekend was full of celebrations. Chris has had to deal with me as his wife for 5 years and also has had 10 years to try and recover from High School - not that it was too difficult for him to accomplish either of those. We were lucky enough to have Chris' parents agree to watch our boys while we had a night away, a temple trip, and a dinner/dance (which was more of a dinner than dance) with his HS cohorts. Chris will have to give more details on his high school reunion. For my part I enjoyed myself due to his witty friends and yummy food, although I REALLY wish there had been dancing as it was advertised.

I've never had so much time away from the boys in so few days. It was quite fun. We also squeezed in some swimming time with my siblings and their kids at a man made lake which was a blast despite the cold and rain. And of course, it wouldn't be a complete Utah trip without clothes shopping and eating some Bombay food, excellent as always. We didn't break out our camera even once so unfortunately we don't have pictures. I really would've liked to capture a few images like Alec's golf time in the backyard (he had some great big swings), or how the beautiful dark summer-storm clouds set off the skyline of the mountains we love so much. It was a relaxing wonderful weekend but like always, its good to be back. This week is the last week of classes and I know Professor Archibald is looking forward to being done teaching his class, despite how much he's enjoyed it. Now lets see if we can survive the post-vacation aftermath.

Chris and I on our Honeymoon

4 comments:

jodi said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I can't believe how big your boys are getting--and we haven't ever even seen them! Hopefully one of these days!:)

Megs said...

I'm so glad you guys came to the reunion. I had so much fun with you. Can't wait to get together again in December!

And happy anniversary to you!

Ryan + Jess said...

Can you believe it is 5 years already? Crazy...

Congratulations you guys!Glad you got away to celebrate.

Heather said...

Happy, Happy times together...you two are so perfectly matched for each other! Enjoy :)