Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tri for fun

Saturday my friends, sister and I did a sprint triathlon. We had a fun group. Tiffany was planning on a visit around this time and when she found out about the tri, she changed her trip to come a few days earlier and do it with me! It was so incredibly fun. I loved every minute of it. Tiff and I stayed together throughout the whole thing which made it even more fun. I most appreciated her company on the run.

The swim (400m) wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The water was warm and clear and people weren't swimming on top of me the whole time. The transition was fine, I had a few extra minutes to dry off before hitting the road for the 11 mile bike. I borrowed (THANKS STEPHANIE!!) a niiiiice road bike that was so much easier to ride than my cheapo Walmart mountain bike. I had a cheesy smile on my face for most of the bike section! It felt like I was flying. The transition to run was about like it was when my friend and I tried it a few weeks ago. My legs felt really heavy and stiff for the first quarter mile or so, but after that it wasn't so bad. I started getting tired and a side ache around mile 2 of the 5K run but we mustered up enough energy to sprint the last 1/2 mile or so to the finish line. I got goose bumps when Tiff and I saw Chris and ALL 5 of our kids (Mary, Andrew, Alec, Charlie and Will) cheering us on. Then we heard my friends, who had just finished 10-20 min before us, yelling for us just shy of the finish line. It was awesome to have support. We finished in 1:28. I really enjoyed myself and can't wait to do it again.

9 comments:

Radene said...

Brittney, that is awesome! Congrats! Isn't it a good feeling! So neat that you and Tiffany both participated. I love the pictures and good job! I really want to do another one sometime. Maybe next summer. Road bikes are soooo much nicer in things like this...glad you got to use one! yeahhhh Brittney!

Aaron and Cera said...

Awesome! Congrats to you two! That sounds like a ton of fun!

nicole said...

such a good looking group :) that was awesome!

Ryan + Jess said...

Way to go! I've always wanted to do one of those...

you are amazing Brit!

Jonathan Lance said...

Hey, an event is only good as its participants, and spectators! And we at On Your Mark Events have the best! Thank you so much for joining us!!! www.onyourmarkevnts.com

dixie said...

We're all so proud of you! Way to go--and the sprint to the end of the run is most impressive!

Heather said...

What an inspiration you are :) Such fun to picture Chris and the 5 little ones waiting for you at the end<3

Renee said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot more fun with such a great group to do it with. You guys are looking buff!
Miss you!

Hawks said...

you go girl! Me and Lindsey totally want to do one. Sisters are the best! I cant wait to start working out soon..