Thursday, September 10, 2009

For Fun

Someone gave me a home-made hooded towel for Alec at my baby shower in Washington made out of a regular towel and washcloth. We love it and use it practically every day. I saw some in a store the other day but they were designed as animals! How cute, right? I decided to try and make a dinosaur one for my cousin's new little baby Emmett. I used 1 green towel, 2 green washcloths and 1 orange washcloth and it turned out like this:

Not bad, but I do want to make some adjustments. I'll be leading our "How-To" enrichment's group this month and will be demonstrating these hooded towels. Because I sent this dragon one in the mail, I'll have to make some more examples. I'm thinking a frog one for Charlie, or maybe a lion. I found lots of cute ideas from this Amazon listing.

5 comments:

Megs said...

you made that!? get out of town! So cute! you need to do a tutorial on your blog!

Shelly Beth said...

Yeah! I have been thinking of attempting something like that and now I have the inspiration and motivation. Good for you, it looks great!

dixie said...

The blog tutorial is a great idea. I've wanted to know how to make these for such a long time...Very cute!

nicole said...

oooh! can't wait for rs!

Radene said...

super cute Brittney! I love how you are so good at trying anything and succeeding too! great job.