Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jam Packed

Today was jam packed with fun. It started off at 4:45AM when we had to wake up the kids and get in the car to drive the 2 hours to my triathlon. I wasn't as nervous for this one, but still couldn't get my hands to stop shaking as I set out my transition stuff. I started at the back of the pack in the swim b/c I thought I would be in a later wave, but they started everyone at the same time. Utter craziness. I got stuck behind what seemed like an offensive line but eventually made my way along the 500 yard swim. It was soooo long.

My friend, Amanda waited for me during transition so we could bike/run together. I'm glad she did. It was fun to talk and I think she pushed me a bit in the bike and I pushed her a bit in the beginning of the run. The 16 mile bike went well, although it was pretty hilly. The 5K run was SOO hard. It was so hot and I wanted to quit just after 1.2 miles. :) But thanks to Amanda we ran the whole thing and finished around 1.54.

Then we stayed at the reservoir for a BBQ and some swim time for the kids. Then we drove home and got ready for the Stanford / Washington Football game. We scored free tickets and went as a family. It was a blast. (details will follow in a subsequent post) Now, I'll listen to a bit of the RS broadcast then watch a movie with Chris. What a day.

6 comments:

dixie said...

Wow. I'm so impressed! It sounds so hard and exhausting. Way to go!!

aaron and joni said...

way to go guys!!!!
HOOORAYYYYY for number two!

nicole said...

great job!!!

Barb: said...

You are so tough! I am utterly impressed. Really--it is so cool that you did a triathalon. Very cool. And I'm excited about the hooded towel instructions. Thanks!

Heather said...

You are a super hero!! Go Britt <3
Thanks to Chris for wonderful support...

Renee said...

Wow! That really was a jam packed day. I probably would have called it quits after just one of those activities.
Congratulations on #2!!