Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Car the Pumpkin

Last year in anticipation of pumpkin carving I remember telling Alec all day that we were going to carve the pumpkin that night. When we actually sat down to do it, he brought over a matchbox car and wanted to 'car pumpkin.'

This year, there was no cute word mix-ups, but we still had lots of fun. Charlie loved looking at it with the candle all lit up, and Alec only hesitated for a few minutes before putting his hand in the pumpkin goop.

We went to Ardenwood Farms on Saturday and saw a lot of farm animals up close, helped card/spin some wool, climbed up this massive hay pyramid and picked out some pumpkins. You forget how huge cows actually are until you see them up close. Alec was pretty nervous and decided to stay a few feet away from any of the fences. We did get him to pet a sheep! Charlie just had shots the other day and was pretty tired but he liked climbing on the hay. I just love fall.



p.s. I write this as Alec is trying to fall asleep upstairs and throughout the whole drafting process, I've heard the following phrases, alternated, and varied in pitch and volume:

"Mommy, Daddy, Alec, Charlie"
"come upstairs"
"I have my question, Mommy"
"come up here"
"Mommy come here"
"I got some owies on my head"

ok, well that last one is new, I better go investigate.

5 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

How fun to be able to carve pumpkins outside!!

Charlie is lucky he got to participate - we put Austin to bed so he missed out :)

dixie said...

Cool pumpkin! Alec looks like he is having a great time. I love the pictures from the farm too. What fun!

Heather said...

Something about Harvest time, and a season for giving THANKS!! It just seems to bring out the best in us all...

kelsey said...

So fun. Man, I have a hard time reading your blog without getting super homesick for CA!!!

We loved Ardenwood Farms--too bad we only discovered it right before we left. What a great place to get pumpkins.

Katie B. said...

I totally agree with your cow thought. When the preschool went to Hidden Villa, I thought that about all the animals, especially the cows and the chickens. Huge!