Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm so glad when Grandma and Grandpa come!

We had such a fun time with my parents and my sister Hailey this past weekend. Hailey was so great to play with and entertain Alec contestantly. With Charlie's double ear infection (the first ear infection in our family) and his "little bit of pneumonia" it's been nice to have someone to help spell us off with holding and entertaining him. My mom came running with me and my friends twice while they were here and between her and my dad, they did all our dishes all weekend too! They accompanied Chris and I to our ward's Sweetheart Soiree even though they didn't really know anyone else there and babysat so Chris and I could attend the Saturday night adult session of Stake Conference.

They took us out miniature golfing...a first for Alec and Charlie. Alec did awesome! He even got 2 holes-in-one! Incredible. He absolutely loved it.

We had beautiful weather on Saturday and went to a lake my mom remember loving as a kid when she lived in San Jose. We threw rocks in the lake until we got too dirty and goose-poopy for comfort and then we had a picnic, tossed around the frisbee and played bocce. To top it off we went on the little carousel there and went out for cupcakes when we got home.
Thanks Grandma, Grandpa and Hailey for the fun visit! We miss you already...

3 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Grandparents are the best. Sounds like a blast!

Renee said...

Wow, THOSE are some great grandparents! That's so fun the Alec got to go mini golfing and he's already good at it! You'll have to tell me about the place in San Jose with the merry-go-round.

Radene said...

Love the pictures, I'm jealous of your nice weather! It's snowing here yet again. :-) At least it is beautiful.