Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Teeth"

So, our car was in the shop today and as a result we had an unexpected Saturday of being home all together.

We took advantage of the lapse in the rain to go work out in our little plot of the community garden here. We weeded strawberries, tore out the flowering broccoli pulled lots of crazy weeds and just enjoyed ourselves. Alec is finally old enough to be somewhat of a help, or at least not much of a hindrance in the garden. There is something so satisfying to me about working out in the dirt like that.

The best news of the day was Charlie saying his first abnormal word, "Teeth!" It sounds a bit more like a breathy "teece." Super cute. He's also constantly saying "hah" for "hot," "mama," "awh wah" for "all done," "bah" for "book" or "ball," and "wah wah" for water.
He and Alec have SO MUCH FUN together I could honestly write every blog post about the cute games they make up and play. AND I can usually use one to stimulate the other into doing something: folding their arms, brushing "teece", getting shoes on. Its like its easier having two. Unfortunately, I doubt three will be the same.

5 comments:

thom said...

i am sure you will find that three kids will have its great days, too, and they will likely be better than even these "two boy" days, though that's probably hard to imagine. Those two are so cute together.

Shelly Beth said...

LOL. Three will be the same eventually I think. I think it comes with age. I can already tell that Aubree and Isabelle will take care of each other like that. I told Drew he better get used to it because he will hear me say on a regular basis, "I just love watching them interact together!" Your boys are so cute and I still think Alec looks so different with his hair cut :)

Shelly Beth said...

LOL. Three will be the same eventually I think. I think it comes with age. I can already tell that Aubree and Isabelle will take care of each other like that. I told Drew he better get used to it because he will hear me say on a regular basis, "I just love watching them interact together!" Your boys are so cute and I still think Alec looks so different with his hair cut :)

dixie said...

What a wonderful thing to have kids that love to be together and make each other happy. A great blessing!

oh! resolution said...

Acutally, I've heard that two is the toughest transition, but when you hit three, it's much easier, thanks to the other two playing with each other.
But like most things people say, this could turn out to be completely untrue.