Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Hallow

With last week supposedly "Spring Break" some of my friends and I thought it'd be fun to do something totally out of the ordinary for the kids (and... lets be honest, us moms too) so we went to a nearby amusement park and zoo geared completely for toddlers and little kids.

We had a blast and Alec even got up the courage (just THAT was hard work for him) to ride their roller coaster with Mommy. After the first big hill he desperately pleaded with me, "I'm all done, now." Afterward, however, the first words out of his mouth were, "I'm so brave!" and even told his friends that he had fun. I'll chalk that one up to peer pressure.

Charlie loved every ride he could go on and just screamed and cried as I approached him to help him out whenever the ride stopped. He did not want to get out yet. On the Lady Bug ride he caught on to the concept of acknowledging me as his bug flew by. Each pass, he'd look for me and say "Mama." He also was super brave petting the farm animals until the donkey huffed right on him. That scared us all pretty bad.


For Tuesday's day of the Easter Week, I'll talk with the kids about how Jesus went back to the temple and taught parables. We'll probably show pictures and maybe act out the Ten Virgins and the Talents. I haven't decided if I'll do a quick clue hunt to gather all the supplies needed to make an awesome fort and pretend that is the temple and read the parables in tent. Maybe I'll be too tired for all that. We'll see.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That looks so fun!! You guys have such fun things to do over there. Wish we could've gone with you!

Fortune Cookies said...

These pictures are awesome. I particularly like the one of you in the middle of all the kids on that one ride..haha! I wish we could live closer and do fun things together! :)