Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring is here

We've had a taste of warm weather recently. It got up to 80 on Saturday! Its been in the mid 60's ever since. We got out the courtyard slip 'n slide and sprinklers. I'll have to post pictures soon. Charlie looks adorable in his wetsuit looking outfit Chris' aunt and uncle gave Alec. Spring Break is this week, but its not much different for Chris and I. He's going to decide this week about where to intern this summer. We're lucky to have two great options to choose from.
A year or two ago we saw a posting on freecycle where someone wanted people to dig up all their plants in their yard since they were doing some remodeling/landscaping. We went with some friends and I took home some bulbs I was told was [I-can't-remember-the-name-of-the-flower] but haven't seen anything but leaves. But just last week, this flower (lily?) popped up! Anyone know what its called?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks a lot like a calla lily to me!! It is definitely beautiful! Have fun with your warm weather!

Sarah Jane said...

Yeah, I was going to say calla lily too! Happy spring :)

thom said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the boys on the slip-n-slide. so fun to have warm weather!

Emily said...

There was (and still is, I think) a bush of calla lilies in front of our old house. So beautiful!