Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm back!

I'm standing on the escalator as it descends to the baggage claim area, not expecting to see Chris and the boys because my plane came in 30 min early. Half way down, I see Chris standing by the stroller. He quickly points me out to Alec, who runs at FULL SPEED towards me. I have to hurry off the last few steps as he crosses over the security line to give me a huge hug. Meanwhile, Chris unstrapped Charlie who comes running at his full speed for a hug, barely missing Alec and he runs back to Chris to help hold up this sign:

Oh, my boys have never looked so cute before. Side hugs around my belly and kisses for Chris complete the scene. It feels great to be back as a family.

Well, now its back to reality - meal making, crying kids, happy kids, playschool, bed peeing and house cleaning etc... Although, I do have to say that Chris did a wonderful job keeping the house clean! I was so impressed. The carpet was vacuumed, the floor swept and rooms picked up and dishes not spilling out of the sink. He did such a great job having the boys to himself for 5 days. I'll encourage him to write a post about it. Even I'd love to hear the details again (Church was pretty... exciting to say the least)

I had such fun with my sisters, Tiff, Sarah, & Radene and my mom in PA, NJ, and NYC. Highlights include: hours and hours of talk time, yummy gourmet food, pool and hot tub (don't tell my doctor... it was less than 5 min, I promise), sandy ATLANTIC beach, more gourmet food, sleeping in, recent Masterpiece theater Emma, a bit of marzipan, apple chips (!!), Driving through NYC, learning the subways in NYC, street shopping, Broadway show WICKED, even more gourmet food at the Russian Tea Room, carriage ride through central park, blizzard treat, more Emma, more sleep, sacrament meeting, more hours and hours of talk time, getting lost because we were talking so much, fun family/birthday time with my almost 30-year-old brother Justin and his cute kids Dylan, Carter and Lynae, facial, games, and back massages. Sheesh, thats just the condensed version. All the pictures I have are from our day at the beach, in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. I'll have to get more from my sisters.

Isn't my mom beautiful and young looking?? She has 7 children and 12.5 grandchildren

Tiffany

Radene

Sarah

29 weeks - 11 more to go!

The water was pretty cold and totally surprised me in this picture, but at least I can say I've touched the Atlantic Ocean now.

10 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Oh my gosh it sounds like an amazing trip. I can't imagine spending 5 days away from the kids. It would probably be...amazing :) I'm so glad you got to get away!!

kelsey said...

Wow. That sounds so fun!

Kjerstine said...

This looks like a great time! i love the photos and hope to see more!! :)

dixie said...

I'm so glad that you had such a great break! and now back to all the drudgery and joy of daily life.

brittany said...

So Fun! That is so great for you to get away, and quality time with mom and sisters is the best. Tell Chris we are curious about his story

Shelly Beth said...

Sounds like such a blast! Did you feel like you couldn't WAIT to get a vacation and then you actaully missed your home life towards the end? That seems to happen when you are a mommy :) Love your cute pregnancy picture! So, did you like Wicked!?

nethaby said...

Britt! that looks like such a lovely mother/sister trip. you are all so beautiful! i bet it's refreshing to have a trip and a break from the day to day of being at home with kids. your boys ARE the cutest and i think chris is an awesome husband. i'm so glad because you deserve the best! love ya!

Radene said...

Brittney, loved your post. You were amazing, never ever complaining of whatever possible pregnancy discomforts you may have had. I loved having time with you and loving you more and more for who you are. Thanks for coming all this way!

brooke said...

You have a beautiful family Britt! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Hurry up and plan a visit up here! We are waiting. We miss you guys! big hugs.

Nikki CB said...

That picture from your boys is SO sweet. You must have been bursting with happiness when Charlie and Alec ran up to you.