Thursday, April 1, 2010

Passover

Well life got busy and I got tired so we skipped a day or two, but it doesn't matter because already I'm focused on Christ more this Easter than last year so as my dad so often says when I ask about business, "We're making progress!"

Today is passover and the last supper. I think maybe we'll tell the story to the kids before we put them to bed and maybe eat some crackers and juice/water to go with it. I had wanted to do something more formal with the Passover, but I bet that will be more appreciated as my kids get a little bit older.

Tomorrow is the early morning betrayal (and over night suffering) in the garden of Gethsemane, as well as the crucifixion. What a sad conversation that will be with my kids. Any one have thoughts on how to talk about such cruelty and pain to children? I might chicken out and just watch the first 5 min of the last 10 min from the Finding Faith in Christ film. Or maybe that would be worse for little kids. I'll have to ask, Chris. He's got a good head for these things.

And just in case you missed it the last time (HA! ok, I just want to show my cute boys off again), here are the most adorable boys you'll ever see.

4 comments:

dixie said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas and plans. Good luck with the rest. And I agree, that is one good-lookin' family!

brittany said...

I love those little suits. So cute!

Shelly Beth said...

You are so good to do all of that for Easter for your kids. Great ideas. We have been using the church produced scripture stories and scripture DVDs. And actually, Isabelle came home from church sooooo excited about the Jesus, tomb, and stone she colored and they cut out in Primary. They stapled the tomb to the paper and left the door free so you can fit Jesus inside and roll the stone over. We talked about the nails in Jesus' hands and feet and thats all she talks about now. If you look at my Easter post, I have a link of Resurrection Eggs that we also did along with pictures to tell the story. She liked that too. Good luck with it all and let me know what you do/did!

Radene said...

SO cute, love the family picture! Wow, I can't believe how big Charlie is, I only saw him as a baby!