Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Monster

Well, we have a monster problem in our house on Sundays. You don't have to listen close or watch us for long to hear screams of the most guttural kind or see flying limbs tangle with others. Its not so bad in the morning. Pre-church seems to be the safe time. Even during church its not noticeable. But something happens after we get home that starts the metamorphosis... by bedtime, it's just down right scary. Mom has turned into a monster. I don't know what it is. I'm always sorry moments after I break out but I just have a really hard time Sunday afternoons. I could offer you a lot of possible causes that will make my monstering (thanks A&P for the word) seem less like my fault, but the fact of the matter is this: I make poor reaction choices. Thanks go to temper-less, patient husbands like Chris who offer to finish putting the kids to bed by himself so our kids will live to see another day.

Tomorrow is Monday... then comes Tuesday... which is followed by Wednesday. Wednesday is the day I leave for my first trip away sans-kids. Is it too soon to count hours?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hang in there Britt! I'll say a little prayer for you... :-) Being a mom is a 24/7 job. I commend you for it!!!! and although I don't know even the first thing about it- I do know that if you are doing the best you know how, (in any situation, with anyone)- then the Lord is pleased.

Love you! I hope you have a great time wherever you're going!

Megan said...

i'm so glad to read this post, because it means that I'm not the only one. I swear I can be patient and patient and patient but some days I snap. And then I keep snapping.

Plus, you're pregnant... and weather you feel it or not your body is expending a lot of energy on building another person. Plus, I don't know about you but Sacrament meeting is the hardest hour of my week. BY FAR. But maybe we can be PollyAnna and say that one good thing about Sundays is that it'll be a whole week before Sunday comes around again. ;-)

And i'm so glad you get to take a trip! You deserve it!