Friday, May 14, 2010

Together again


Chris is home!!! The boys were really excited to pick him up at the airport today. He recognized us pretty quick despite our best attempts at surprising subterfuge. What a week. I think I only averaged about an hours worth of tears each day. For some reason, this trip/conference was harder on us both. Chris was so ready to be home and we were ready to have him home. His presentation and poster session at the conference in Toronto went well. And Alec learned how to pump on a swing while Chris was gone. Its been something he's worked on and tried to do for many months. Charlie only had one bloody lip while Chris was gone. Seems like Charlie has bled from his mouth a couple of times a week in the past month.

Anyways. Here's to not putting the kids to bed, or eating treats, or sleeping, or locking up by myself tonight!

4 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

I cry every day just while Ryan is at work...I can't imagine surviving days without him. Way to go! You did it!

dixie said...

Give yourself a big hi-five! You all survived. I'm proud of everyone.

Barb: said...

I love the masks--so fun. I'm glad he had a good conference. And it sounds like your trip was fun, too!

brooke said...

glad he is home! we sure miss you guys. Can you take a trip up here as soon as that sweet baby girl is big enough? Please!!!! Big hugs! Glad his conference went well.