Sunday, June 6, 2010

First and Last

Lasts: Playschool! We've decided to stop our co-op playschool for the summer. The kids had a fun last day with Amy taking them to the Police Station. I'm told Alec did a fantastic job yelling his name into the microphone/loudspeaker/radio thing. We've had a fun year and will both miss the extra activities and quiet time but also be glad for the break.

Insert picture here soon

First: Chris started his internship at PARC this past week! He's working with a research team. I think Chris role is fairly theoretical with hopes of contributing at a high level with the output for the summer hopefully being a paper outlining his process. (more details may follow as he settles in and finds out more details) We made him cupcakes to celebrate his first day.


FYI. I despise first days on jobs. I feel like I usually end up crying or completely bored. My first "real" job as a waitress when I was almost 16, I spilled a shake and messed up an order and sorta got scolded by my boss and then my mom and little sister walk in and I just lose it and start crying at their sympathetic loving faces. My boss comes over and tells me to take some time in the back and starts being a bit more gentle, but a "real" customer walks in and I have to go take their order and the ladies take one look at my face and say, "First day?" I can only nod and try, unsuccessfully, to hold back more tears. Everyone was really nice about it, but that didn't make the awful feelings go away.

2 comments:

Kjerstine said...

was this the job at hermans?! :) oh high school!

Ryan + Jess said...

Good luck Uncle Chris! We love you guys!