Saturday, July 17, 2010

First Week

We've have Gwendolyn Rose in our family for a whole week now! In some ways it seems much longer than that for me. I already think Gwen is much changed. The boys are still so gentle with her, about 99% of the time. I hope that doesn't change.

It took me a few days to put her in a dress and I'm completely sold.

Gwendolyn is a great sleeper. For 3 out of her first 5 nights at home she let me sleep for 5 hours! I had to wake her up to feed her and it took me an hour to accomplish it.

Gwen gives some of the biggest newborn smiles I've ever seen. Huge, open mouth, crescent eyes smiles. We've yet to get one on camera but my Mom caught this little one yesterday.

Speaking of Mom, its been SO GREAT to have her. She prepares the meals and special treats and entertains the boys during the day and keeps the house clean and buys the boys fun things. Its like Christmas all week.

Charlie LOVES hats. Chris was wearing this in honor of the British Open and Charlie insisted on wearing one like it. He is so cute.

Gwendolyn's first "bath." She didn't like it. She doesn't seem to like being cold or wet, I can start to imagine the usefulness of those wet wipe warmers I used to make fun of.

The weather has been so nice and warm that Gweny has gotten lots of outside time.

She just makes the funniest expressions. Chris commented that there really is no filter. She goes from agonized pains to peaceful sleeping in 1 second. Most of her squirmy faces are noiseless. She really doesn't cry a whole lot yet.

12 comments:

MandaMommy said...

She's so cute! I love her tongue.

kelsey said...

Oh, she is so cute and so beautiful. Congratulations!!! What a darling family you are.

Renee said...

I like how you say, "she really doesn't cry a whole lot YET." She'll probably get there, but in the meantime she is so adorable in that dress!

Amy said...

I love the pic where she's covering her face with hands. So funny!

Sarah Jane said...

Congrats on your new baby girl! She is beautiful, just like your boys.

tericksen said...

Awwww, thanks for more pictures!! She is SO precious. So glad up have gotten some solid sleep! SO glad mom could be there all week to provide angelic help. Love to you and the boys!!

mmbateman said...

Oh My Goodness Brittney...She is beautiful! I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet her.

Aaron, Cera and Jaylen said...

SO happy for you guys! She is gorgeous. I'd love to see you if you ever have twins! I couldn't believe the picture of you pregnant in the post below! Congratulations!

Aaron, Cera and Jaylen said...

SO happy for you guys! She is gorgeous. I'd love to see you if you ever have twins! I couldn't believe the picture of you pregnant in the post below! Congratulations!

brooke said...

I love her, I love her, I love her. Oh so cute! I just want to kiss her and hold her and tell her how lucky she is to be a part of your family. Can't wait to see you guys again. Maybe Christmas time? Have fun with that newborn. We miss you guys very much. Congratulations and lots of love, Brooke and Fam

brittany said...

she is so adorable. Congrats!

Radene said...

She is ADORABLE, and she even looks like a girl! She looks more petite than your boys. Brings back memories, so fun! We're so happy for you to have her in your family! We love you all.