Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"eeng-a-lish"

We have a lot of friends and neighbors who speak other languages and we have some kid picture books that are written in different languages. Alec is intrigued by all of it and occasionally asks Chris or I to sing or speak in another language. He gets mixed up with the words English and Spanish and so sometimes he tries to speak in another language and calls it either english or spanish or some combination of those words. Today he said this as we were walking inside from the playground.

"Is time to go insice, I'm speaking splingliss. We mace this force to bouce in, bouce, bouce, bouce. Weeeeece, weeeeeeeece."Then he started to sing the ABC's, "Ace, Beece, Ceece, Deece, Eece..."

He wanted me to talk to him in another language as I was giving him the "wash your hands, get in your chair, sit down" lunch time instructions. I tried my rusty French out for the next few minutes and I realized both how much I remembered and how much I've forgotten.

Even before all that cute language talk this morning I was thinking to myself that I have the cutest boys ever, as in physically. I love their eyes and smiles and hair and little bodies and muscles and lips and cheeks and legs and tummies... I could go on and on.

Also, here is the most recent photo of Gwendolyn, taken this morning. She's getting so big and reminds me of both my boys.


And just because its fun, here are some pictures of Charlie and Alec at relatively the same age and angle.

6 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Well that's just crazy how much they all look alike at that age!! SO much sibling resemblance! And they're all cute. Also, I just tried Pig Latin out on Ella today and she thought it was a hoot! Funny coincidence!

MandaMommy said...

Plus, I just used lots of exclamation marks!!!

Ryan + Jess said...

Can't believe the resemblance--incredible! And such cute pictures of your boys. We miss you. dixie

Fortune Cookies said...

Soo so cute Britt!! I'm so happy for you guys. She is such a cutie. I'm so glad I got to see her and you. I miss you so much and you have such a beautiful family.

brittany said...

I love the imaginations of small children. What a cute story. Can't wait to see all of your cute kids in person

thom said...

Wow - they really do look a lot alike. I never see those things until I see pictures from the same age-ish. You sure do have 3 cute ones!