Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fun with Great Grandmas

I love having Grandparents. With the death of my last grandfather this past summer, between Chris and I, we have 4 grandmothers living. They have so many great stories and experiences and seem so patient and just good people. Their personalities are so well established; its fun to love and know them. I have a lot to learn from those hard working mothers and wish I lived closer to any of them. I want my kids to be around their great-grandmas as much as possible to get the kind of experiences you can only get with interacting with people who have lived for so long. It was great to have some one on one time with my grandma and with Chris' grandma while we were in Utah. I hope I can take advantage/create those opportunities more often.

Digging up potatoes with Grandma Archibald:
Washing them off for our lunch!
Showing off all the raspberries Alec picked! (he did it happily for almost 20 min!)Movie and pictures of the boys (that includes Chris) playing with her awesome old school toys:


2 comments:

dixie said...

What fun pictures and video. I'm so glad that you could spend time with GG.

Ryan + Jess said...

Cute pictures! GG couldn't stop talking about your adorable boys and their potato picking experience when we visited her.