Monday, October 11, 2010

The gravitational pull of babies: a thesis

Someone should do their graduate research on the well-known, but un-explained theory that babies are mini centers of gravity. Everyone feels the need to get closer. I would like to assert that this law also include the fact that the closer a baby is to the ground, the more gravitational pull s/he has. Writing this thesis would be easy, I even figured out the title.

Its 100% predictable that if I lay Gwendolyn on the floor, her brothers immediately follow. Sometimes even myself or Chris depending on how much weight other responsibilities have on us.

See, its starts like this:

(and I didn't even get time to take a single picture of her by herself! It works that quickly...)

And then this happens:
Which leads to this:
Which, after some biggest brother bossy-ing, ends up with this:


Eventually turning into this:


After all the excitement dies down the boys eventually get desensitized to Gwendolyn's magnetism and I can get a cute picture of the Center of Earth, herself.

3 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Original idea! Thank you for the pictures to help explain it fully! You should write the paper yourself. You have me convinced. Cute. Cute. (dixie)

brittany said...

You crack me up!

I can see why everyone just gravitates to her. What a beautiful little girl.

Heather said...

happy to have her being the center of our earth too!!! So anxious for Christmastime...