Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Far Far Away..

We drove far far away to Washington for Christmas! I love being home, especially at Christmas time. The drive went really well, there was no snow on the ground at all, even at the pass. The boys were a little disappointed but at least the dense fog gave them something to ask questions about.

On our drive we saw the most amazing rainbow in the middle of Oregon. It was a full arch and incredibly vibrant. The pictures don't do it any justice. [coming soon... as soon as gwenyrs wakes up from her nap and I can grab the camera] - ok days later, I know, but here they are:

Also, about 30 minutes from getting to Grandma and Grandpa's house, I'm singing songs to Gwen trying to keep her happy and while she chews on my finger I feel something sharp! She has a tooth! Check that, she has two. Crazy. Although it starts to make the recent extra feedings and constant she-seems-hungry behavior of the past few weeks make sense. You would think after 3 kids, I would recognize the signs of emerging teeth better, but it surprises me every time.

I love the Puget Sound, rain and all.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh, that view makes my heart sing! Beautiful. Enjoy your vacation!

Ryan + Jess said...

So glad you made it safely!

I hate teething. NEVER ENDING SAGA!!

Shelly Beth said...

Seriously, I love your home! When I think of a dream spot to live, your parent's house is right on the money! Enjoy all the Christmas fun at home!

Katie B. said...

I agree. Pretty picture. We missed you running Monday morning (I actually came :) ).

dixie said...

The only thing better would be to have you here with us. Have a joyous time together!

brittany said...

So glad yall made it there safely. What a pretty picture. Enjoy amazing family time.

Renee said...

Way to have Puget pride. I hope it snows for you a little bit. Enjoy Christmas with your family.

Adams Family Adventure said...

Oh my goodness! The view from (your parents house I assume) is amazing!!! Did you live there growing up? Wow! We may be heading to WA after the holiday if Kevin ends up working in BC (we will just stay with family). How long are you guys there for? It must be so good to be with your family for Christmas. And good job braving the drive....I think it is quite a long one...we always do a stop in Roseburg, OR except for one time we drove straight through. Cheers!