Friday, January 21, 2011

California January

We've had such excellent weather this past week. There have been many times while I'm standing around in the courtyard and realize parts of me actually feel hot because the sun is shining on me through my pants or jacket. It'll probably go back to being colder and rainy but this warmer spell is nice.

We drove out to Soquel, by Santa Cruz, to pick up a bike we found on Craigslist as a belated birthday present for Alec. Its looks really boy-ish, which is a change from all the borrowed girls bikes he's used since outgrowing the balance bike. We decided to stop by the beach in Capitola since we were so close and we're all glad we did because it was super nice! The best beach weather we've had since moving here. It was still "cold" but the sun was shining and it wasn't windy.

It is so nice living here and I'm starting to feel the need to live it up as best we can while we're still here since we're beginning to see the light at the end of this long student tunnel. No, we don't have a graduation date or even month but maybe this is the year!

2 comments:

dixie said...

We're a bit jealous of your wonderful weather. So, yes, live it up while you can!! Beach in January--amazing.

Adams Family Adventure said...

Brittany,

I miss you and I miss that courtyard (although I think you may be in a different courtyard now). Are you guys hoping to stay in the Stanford area or are you going to move out of state??? XO PS. Your family is too cute!