Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New Year

I love fresh starts. They are so full of hope and possibilities. I suppose that's why I loved moving around so much as a little kid and why I love this time of year. Just imagining everything that will happen this year, everything I will accomplish, how much the kids will grow, its exciting!

Its also fun for me to realize that scripture study and exercise won't be on my list of new goals this year. They usually have a prime spot, right at top, but I'm actually doing ok with those already! See, self, progress! I guess there is hope for some of the other things I've been working on forever like patience and maintaining a clean home. The new list toppers are personal prayer, and an organized-clutter free house (HA! right?) to name a few. I'm a big dreamer I know.

So, Bring on 2011, I'm happy to see you!

3 comments:

brittany said...

Super cute pictures of the kiddos. And we should chat about your secrets to exercise and scripture study. Those are my tops every year, and I feel like the goals are just within reach, but still falling just a little short (mainly when it comes to MEANINGFUL scripture study), and I only have one kid. You must teach me oh wise master!

Ryan + Jess said...

You are so young to be moving things off your top spots on resolutions. It seems like as long as I can remember I've worked on the same things over and over. But this year is going to be different, right?!! I can feel it. Hope is in the air. Every day is a new day...
Such cute pics of your kids. I love Charlie with his chin in his hands! And cute little Gwen sitting up so confidently. (dixie)

Katie B. said...

That is happy to know--exercise and scripture study are still at the top of my list. You're inspiring. I need to get in on your exercise charting/rewards system--see if something like that would work for me. I'm just sad I can't live close to you ladies and join you in your exercising all the time...