Monday, January 31, 2011

We finally made the switch

Well, hang the bunk beds! I couldn't wait any longer. I decided to move Gwendolyn out of our room and her tiny bassinet to the crib in the boys' room. So Alec and Charlie are now sharing the twin bed, with their heads at either end. They both seem to really like it and after the first night of giggling for hours and jumping and pushing and switching places and needing to take Gwen out to fall asleep back in her bassinet, they've held up pretty well. In fact, last night all three kids fell asleep in the same room at the same time, eventually. Big sigh. I think this is going to work.

The day I decided to do this, I got an email back from the bed people saying they are planning on shipping our bed this Wednesday! I'm still not going to start believing it until I have the tracking number, and even then, I'll still be skeptical until it arrives on my front porch. But thats just how life is sometimes, huh?

3 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

I think that is CRAZINESS that you don't have your bunk beds yet. I hope you give them a less than stellar review. Congrats on the kids all in one room AND sleeping. That is such a big step and I remember worrying about it all working out. Here is to more sleep!

MandaMommy said...

That picture of Gwen seriously cutes me out! I don't know why. I can't even see her face. She's just in such a cute position or something!

Ryan + Jess said...

Good for you, taking life into your own hands! I hope things continue to go well...you guys are amazing.