Friday, February 11, 2011

Music class and boy clothes

We rode bikes to Music Class yesterday and the boys really loved the parachute they did at the end of class. Alec and Charlie don't super get into the music part. Alec will play with the instruments but not sing or do any other actions. He mainly stares and sometimes smiles to me about something silly. Charlie is like Alec except he'll do most all of the hand actions and smiles a little more -- especially at Gwen during the parachute. It was as if he were saying, "Do you see this?! Look how awesome!"

On the ride home, Charlie put his arm around Gwendolyn in the bike trailer. He really loves her. It was so sweet. By the time we got to the park and I was taking this picture, he'd hardly moved an inch. I think he was moments away from sleep since it was close to lunch / nap time.


This morning, as I hurriedly put on some clothes because a friend was at our door, I didn't really think much about when I put on some cargo pants, a tee-shirt and old tennis shoes. As I walk down the stairs, Alec looked at me and says, "Mom, you look like a boy." I asked him why and he said, "Because your pants are like a boys, and your belt and your shirt and your shoes." Is this ammunition enough to justify a shopping trip for some more fitted clothes?! I mean, come on, who wants their mom to look like a boy? Thanks Alec for noticing and for documenting the proof.

4 comments:

nicole said...

looks good to me!

MandaMommy said...

Is that the outfit that's supposed to look like a boy? Cause it doesn't really... Just sayin'. But don't let that stop you from shopping!

Heather said...

funny! very cute that Alec appreciates your femininity already...

brittany said...

I definitely think you should get a shopping trip just for lookin so good.

If that is what a boy looks like, then I count myself guilty as well. There are whole weeks I get to the end of and discover I have yet to put on something feminine (excluding church of course).