Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We had a fun Easter. I tried to do some of the same activities as I did last year throughout the Holy Week, but forgot for some of the days. We had a ward Easter Egg hunt and breakfast on Saturday, and the kids were a bit overwhelmed by all the other crazy kids but they really enjoyed watching and finding a few eggs.

Then we dyed Easter eggs later that night in anticipation of my Mom's family traditional Egg Roll Competition.


I had made these Easter baskets out of cotton string wrapped around a balloon and starched with boiled sugar water earlier in the week with some friends. Chris' grandma Claudia gave me the idea and all the supplies. It was really fun, although it took longer than I thought it would. I'd love to keep it as a tradition. Its fun to have Easter-specific baskets that I don't have to store throughout the year.

At church the Choir sang this beautiful song called "Alleluia! Christ is Risen" by Andre Kopolyoff. It was quiet and staccato and so fun to sing. After church we got together with friends for a nice pork roast, salad, rolls, mashed potatoes and Roasted nuts n' Butter Chocolate Cake dinner extravaganza. Lastly, we finished the day with our Egg Roll Competition. This year, Chris made a bracket for us. The winner is...

GWEN! She actually seemed to understand some of what was going on because the only time she wasn't crying was when it was her turn to roll her egg. I'd hold her on my lap and hold the egg in her hand in my hand, swing it back...1....2....and on 3 I'd flick the egg out of her hand across the blanket. She never complained about having it flicked out! Really fun.

2 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Super fun. I would love to learn how to make those easter baskets! I totally remember having ones like that growing up.

Katie B. said...

Whoah! Those Easter baskets are awesome!