Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday Morning Fun

Chris got back from Canada late last night. He was out visiting the University of Alberta for a possible Post Doc. Hopefully the next few weeks will bring to light a solid offer from somewhere. Here is an aerial view of Edmonton.

Then we decided to have some fun to celebrate his being home so we all got up at 4:30 to drive 2.5 hrs up to Sacramento so I could run a 1/2 marathon! It actually went really well. My arches didn't hurt as much as they could've (I've been having a hard time with them) and although I was tired and beat beyond all belief, I didn't feel like crying at the end! Also we ran it under 2 hrs and 20 min. Success! Maybe another one in another 2 years.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wonder woman in the living flesh!!! Way to go Britty Babe<3 What a fantastic accomplishment! Thanks to Chris, Alec, Charlie, & Gwen for super support...

Jess said...

Good work!! I am glad you did it and that it went well! I am so sorry about your arches - I had the same problem when I got running shoes. It took a while to get used to them, now they are great. I hope your feet recover soon :)

dixie said...

What an amazing woman!! Congrats on the race and the great time!

Hawks said...

way to go girlfriend!