Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Passports

Getting passports for the kids was pretty interesting. We opted to try and take our own pictures and I'm glad we did since it was hard to get just the right look/expression. Its pretty funny to see their attempts at NOT smiling. Actually turning in the paperwork and having the right documents and getting it all officially signed off was pretty challenging. We went in to the post office and the kids were one of the worst behaved they've ever been. They were jumping around the room, trying to turn off the lights and disturb the piles of paper on the big desk and escape out of the room. Oh boy. Its experiences like these that make me as reclusive as I am. We really don't get out much, at least not by myself with all the kids to anywhere thats NOT specifically designed for kids.

4 comments:

Brett and Linnae said...

Hey Brittney its your old friend Linnae from Texas!! I came across your blog when I was looking at your facebook page a while back. I am a much bigger blogger than facebooker, so it was fun to look at yours and see you and your cute family. Gosh it has been way way forever since I have seen you!! Sounds like things in your life are pretty exciting these days! What is your husband studying? Canada sounds fun! Hope things calm down a bit for you soon! Good luck with the move and everything else in life!

dixie said...

I hadn't thought about what a challenge passport pictures can be. Looks like you did a great job with them!! How can you go wrong with those cute kids??!

Shelly Beth said...

Pretty good pics. I didn't know you could take your own passport pics and these turned out great. I haven't been on your blog in a while and see that you are moving to Canada. What a new and exciting life awaits you. Sorry to hear about Chris' lymph node. I have an inflamed lymph node in my neck and had to get a fine needle biopsy on it a few months ago. Luckily it wasn't cancer, but that was one of the scariest times of my life. The "what if." So I know how you feel. Good luck with it all and the stress of life. Someimes don't you just feel like you want to go on vacation and leave everyone behind!?! Haha...or sell your children? But that is only sometimes, right? :) Sending good vibes your way! When it gets hard, laugh!

Jess said...

We had to get Austin's passport when he was only a few weeks old. It was awful and so hard! You were smart to do it on your own time at your own house.