Monday, September 19, 2011

Wedding

My little sister, Sarah, got married last week! In some ways its odd to see her married since I've never really seen her around any significant others but in other ways, she reminds me so much of myself when I got married that it seems totally natural to see her in white, exchanging smiles and hugs with a good looking groom. Sarah and Justin (German) seem to fit each other so well, I think they will be one fun, totally awesome couple. I'm so happy I was able to be a part of their start. Going through the temple with Sarah was probably my favorite part of the whole shebang. All of my adult siblings were there and it was the first time we'd all been in the temple together, like that. Pretty special. I love my family.

I was a bit emotional at times and all my siblings took good care of me. Tiffany watched over me, housed me, drove me places, gave me an awesome back rub; Justin and Jordan even tucked me in at night! I also got a chance to hold and kiss my week old niece, Amelia, and talk with Jared and Ashley.

Also it was really fun to see so much extended family and other friends at the temple and reception. We even ran into my cousin, Emily, on her Temple Square mission! So fun. I especially enjoyed seeing my sister in law, Jess with her kids and my father in law, and also my cousins at the reception and talking with them. It was pretty fun being there without kids to be distracted with. It was a great trip and many thanks go to Mama Dixie for taking care of my home and family back in Canada so I could make the trip.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Ok I was confused...Sara introduced him as German and I was like, what? Did I just hear you right? I swear his name is Justin :) Funny. It was SO great to see you!!

lanaface said...

You do have the greatest family! You're sisters and borhters are amazing for taking care of you. ?So cute tucking you in. Love the pics, you all loked so wonderful

Aaron, Cera, Jaylen and Gavin said...

So fun to finally see some pictures from the wedding! Your family is amazing- so cute and sweet with each other.

Total side note, but your long hair is so beautiful! Love it!

merilee said...

Thanks for the pictures! I was looking forward to pics of cute Sarah on her special day. Adam and Crystal said it was really fun to see you. I love you and your family!! :)