Monday, November 14, 2011

Family nap

I went to bed after midnight got up with kids at least three different times and had to wake up at 6:10 to go running. I am so tired. So when Charlie kept having meltdown after meltdown over the silliest things I decided he needed a nap (he hasn't taken regular naps for a month or two now). The only way to get him to lay down is to lay down with him and the only way to get him to be still is to read books. Two chapters into The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe Charlie was fast asleep and Alec was close. 5 min more of resting and they were both out.

Although the sad thing is this probably means they will both be difficult to put to bed tonight. At least they look so precious sleeping next to each other, next to me. I know the day will come when I can't cuddle them like this. In fact Alec is already giving me instructions on what not to say when I drop him off at primary. "Ok, I love you, Alec, Be good" is on the "don't say that to me" list. Pretty soon he might not ever want to hug me or hold my hand.

3 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Blechhhh! Less than 7 hours of sleep is the pits! Glad you guys got some rest! (And thanks for the birthday call!!!)

Heather said...

darling sleeping angels!!!

brittany said...

PRECIOUS!