Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treating

I wanted to get Alec's perspective on Trick or Treating and asked him to say some things for me. Chris will do something similar with him sometimes when Chris writes his brother, Edward on his mission. I'm not sure who Alec thought we were sending this to but its still fun hear his voice in the conversation.

Me: "Alec, What do you want to say about Trick or Treating?"

Alec: "We had so much fun! Do you don't 'member what I was? Hmm.... I want to say... Say.. I know if I say Trick or Trick (write that down.. trick or trick) I know you're not going to give me candy. We got a lot of candy from someone else.. and you. And I want to say, we got a whole bunch of candy! And we heared some fireworks but they were so far away, I know that. I didn't know (write that down) I didn't know Max, one time at the last one, I didn't know we were at Max's house with the dog. Did you meet Max's house? He's our neighbor... Max is our neighbor. Man, I got a lot of stuff to say! He loves to bark. When we woke up we didn't know it was Halloween and we were so essited to go trick or treating. We first did pictures before, and we did a game. There is, we hanged donuts on strings and we hang it on a hard thing thats round and so long and we put the ribbon around it and then we tried to eat the donuts without using our hands. That what game I'm talking about. Write that down..."Th-Th-That what guh-guh-game I'm talking about. Now you write your thing about Halloween."

Ok, Its my turn I guess. :) Chris had his blood work appointment in the late afternoon and then had to pick up our van from the tire place, since we got snow tires put on, and didn't get home until 6:00 but we still managed to have a fun Halloween party as a family. We ate chips and dip

Alec wants to interject: "and the most yummy thing I liked was..the dip and chips. does that rhyme?"

and root beer floats and another of my baking experiments. I tried crossing a biscuits and rolls to try and make something similar to those crescent-rolls-in-a-can you can buy at the store. It turned out close but not quite there. ANYWAYS, (sorry for the tangent) we played the donuts of the string game and then started Trick or Treating at 7:00. The kids only lasted 30 min because after 25 minutes we heard some soft booms in the distant (we're assuming fireworks?) and both boys got scared and tried to plug their ears and said they wanted to go home. Although we did have time for one last house -- our neighbors who have a dog named Max. When we got home we dumped out all the candy in one big pile and let the kids choose a couple to eat right then. Lucky kids. Then Chris and I put them to bed and watched a movie and ate more than 'a couple' candies. Luckier parents. I told Chris it'll be a sad day when the kids start to notice that we've eaten their candy and he said, "well that's when we'll just start teaching them about taxes."


Charlie was giving me such odd "smiles" I told them to pretend like they were laughing and I would take their picture:

10 comments:

Katie B. said...

You candy thieves! Looks like they had to bundle up to go out. We actually had a very mild Halloween evening in Utah, but rain and snow the next day.

Aaron, Cera, Jaylen and Gavin said...

SO CUTE! I saw your Phil and Teds stroller. We just got one when we moved here- LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

brittany said...

So cute! I love Alec's version of Halloween. What a cute idea. I will probably steal that from yall when Jackson actually starts talking. You mentioned before that someone in your ward had offered to make their costumes. Did she end up making those? They looked awesome!

dixie said...

Great costumes! They all look so cute. And I love the part about candy and taxes--perfect. Wish you could have knocked on my door.

Crystal said...

Your kiddos look so cute in their costumes! I loved Alec's account of things... such a cute idea to put it in his words. You also had me cracking up about the candy taxes :) Lots of love-Crystal

LML said...

Fun Mom. Happy Kids! Miss you :-)

LML said...

PS - From Anne (I need to change my screen name...sorry!!!)

Bethany said...

love you brittney! your kids are the cutest thing around. they'll remember halloween with happiness!! :) haha love chris's comment about the taxes too.

Radene said...

Gwen has gorgeous eyes.

lanaface said...

Is Alec on crack? Goodness, he's hilarious. Is that what it is like having a non-toddler child? I thought toddlers were busy!