Friday, December 2, 2011

Helping for stickers

I started another chart with the kids to reward kind, helpful and obedient behavior. It's a sticker maze and the boys have been really motivated, at times.

One morning I woke up to both Alec and Charlie already dressed and telling me they have a surprise for me. Charlie picked up all the toys downstairs and Alec unloaded the dishwasher! I didn't even know he knew where anything went! (to be honest I think he asked chris about some things)

Also this morning I got up at 4:30 to drive my sister Tiffany to the airport. She's been with us for a week and helped out with Chris' most recent chemo round. It was soooooo great to have her here and I'll put more pictures up soon of all the many fun things we did (including my new short haircut!). But as I was saying about getting up early today, I was a bit grumpy with the kids before and during breakfast and instead if crying over my snappishness Alec quietly deals with me and then says;

Mom I have a surprise for you. I'm going to try and be so nice today. So I can get lots of stickers and finish the maze.

What a helpful little boy. It was just what I needed to hear. I told him that he's a good example to me and that I would try to be so nice today too.... And that he could have 5 stickers.

Thanks to Alec, today was a good day even despite little sleep and no morning run.

1 comment:

lanaface said...

Great idea! Might steal it when Jazzy gets a little older.
What a lucky mom you are and the kiddos are lucky to have you as a mom!