Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Charlie and Beyond Freezing

Charlie is so silly. He eats so little and weighs in at 30 lbs, super light, I can still throw him around. Even though Alec is only 10/12 lbs heavier, it makes all the difference and he gets really sad now that I can't do some of the same tricks with him. Charlie just gets so distracted with his meals. Here he made an artwork out of his cheese and jam and toast:

He likes to cuddle, especially when he gets hurt and its one of my favorite things in the world to hold his little body and have his arms wrapped around my neck.

Well, I mentioned to Alec the other day, that he could use a haircut. Alec just rolled his eyes and denied the fact. Charlie, on the other hand, jumped up and down and requested a hair cut, "like Daddy... shave off all my hair!!"

I contemplated surprising Chris, who was at work, but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it. So I called him and warned him of Charlie's request. He wasn't against it, per se, but we wanted to make sure Charlie really wanted to do this, so when on the next day Charlie remembered and seemed quite sad we hadn't cut it the night before, we decided to shave it off that night.

In the first picture on the last row, Charlie looks A LOT like a Betteridge. He looks a lot like my dad when my dad was younger, and reminds me a lot of Betteridge cousins.


BY THE WAY...

It is soooooooo cold here. There are no words for it. I want to say, "Its freezing!" but in fact, it goes way beyond freezing. Last night it was 77 degrees BELOW freezing, in Fahrenheit. Thats -43 C or about -45 F. This morning as Chris was walking out to catch the bus, the thermometer on our front window read -32 C (-25 F).

It. Is. Cold.

6 comments:

Aaron, Cera, Jaylen and Gavin said...

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Keep warm. That is COLD! Adorable kids! Love them!

dixie said...

Cute, cute Charlie. And how do you stay warm when it is that cold?? You'd better stay at home! Remember our family motto...

Jess said...

I was so hoping your mild winter would keep going! But it sounds like your luck has ended. Have fun playing inside, watching movies, and not going anywhere! I say that kind of excitedly but I know it will get old after a few days...hang in there :) Spring will come again!

nicole said...

OH MY! (I have no real words!) but charlie is sure cute!

Radene said...

Love, love love that cute little kid Charlie of yours! Love his eyes and smile and wish I could hold him too--you make it sounds so fun! I like his cut. adorable. So sweet that he wants to be like dad.

Can't believe your weather. I have experienced -11 F, but not much colder. -25??? yikes!, that's COLD! What do school kids do there??? Hugs to you and so happy that mom gets to come to you soon! Hug her for us. Love to you and your family!

lanaface said...

Mmmm, cheesy jame toast, my favorite! What a cutie.