Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye, Hello!

Well, Goodbye to Thom and Brittany and Jackson and Graham! Thanks for coming, we know traveling with little ones is hard, especially flying internationally! Christmas, for us, is all about being with family. Thanks for making it feel like Christmas. We love you guys.


Goodbye also to 2011 and Hello 2012! We're ready for a new year with new hope. We kicked off the new year with an aebleskiver party (Chris' cousin, Steve and his wife Barb introduced these to us this past summer and Chris surprised me with an Aebleskiver pan for Christmas. You eat them like pancakes but they're also like light and gourmet doughnut holes.)


Anyway, Here are the things we're hoping for this year:
  • Cancer-free Chris. His scan is just in 2 days, lets hope the progress is astonishing and we can finish all cancer treatment by the end of February. If this is all we can accomplish this year, it will be enough. The rest of our goals are mainly to add some spice to every day living.
  • Renewed organization with daily habits like family prayer, family scripture study, Family Home Evening, chores for the kiddos, table manners and maybe even some piano practice. Chris and I finally put stuff on our billboard to help us keep track of all of theses. I know this is a lot but we'll just take work on them a little at a time.
  • Education! I want to try and be better about doing some sort of playschool with the kids at least twice a week. Also, I want to brush up on my own education. I realize I know nothing of physics and Chris is REALLY excited to go through some sort of textbook with me around once a week in the evenings....just for 15 min. Maybe if at least Chris is excited about it, we'll actually end up do it!
Charlie is already getting reading for school by maximizing his time on the potty. And Chris has already started a science experiment with the boys using our new Rock Tumbler we got for Christmas from my parents!

  • Personally, I need to lose a little weight, have more meaningful prayer, and focus on staying happy with my kids (read: not get so easily upset).

Well, I'm sure that's more than enough so I won't tell you any of my other crazy dreams like sew matching bed covers for the boys, hanging up pictures of the temple in the kids' rooms, painting a picture of the Bay Area, planing a family vacation somewhere, dream of upcoming family reunions, creating a picture somehow (pen and watercolor?digitally printing?quilted fabric?) to represent an "aha!" moment I had last week..... my ideas of things to do never end. Maybe this will be the year I won't let it drive me crazy.

6 comments:

brittany said...

We miss yall already. Even though travelling with kids is crazy it was so worth it. Jackson even drew a picture the other day and when I asked him what it was he said Alec. So cute!
I just wish we could have helped more than just adding to the chaos. Oh well, at least it was fun, family chaos.

MandaMommy said...

Happy New Year!! Good luck with ALL of that! (P.S. Will Alec be registering for Kindergarten soon? Do they do it like that over there?)

Ashley said...

Happy New Year Brittney! It was so fun to talk to you guys on Christmas eve. Good luck with the ct scan this week!

nicole said...

Wishing you a great 2012. Fingers crossed for your scan this week and all your projects. If anyone can do it all it is you!

dixie said...

Your bulleted list is very ambitious, but I think you can do it! I love new beginnings and am hopeful that I can do good things this year too.
Praying that there is good news on the cancer front this week!

Barb: said...

Wahoo! It makes me so happy that you guys got into aebleskivers! I love it.

We've been thinking about you today. Hope the scan went well and there's good news.