Tuesday, February 14, 2012

lots of lovin


Happy Valentines Day! Heart shaped toast with our porridge / mush this morning and delivering valentines at a nearby nursing home and heart-shaped egg in toast for lunch and totally surprising Chris with having snuck into his office last night to tape up an embarrassingly amount of paper hearts/garlands/messages I surprised him with small gifts and framed pictures of our family...this all completes our Love day celebrations -- thus far. Now we'll take it easy tonight and top it off with some take out Indian food after the kids are in bed, a movie and a yummy dessert. This is more than we usually do for Valentines Day but right now we can use the smallest of excuses to have a party. I'm totally missing our EV shindigs.


We had so much fun with Grandma Dixie when she was here. She showers everybody with love. For the kids, that means play time. For me, that means help with clean up, meals, the kids, laundry and projects. For Chris, that means yummy food and good conversation. I didn't get any pictures of her, but the kids happy faces and the fun duvet covers we made together are evidence enough of her visit. I'm smiling too since I've been wanting to do something with that circus fabric I got from my Grandma for about 7 years and I've wanted to make jean quilts for my kids ever since my other grandma gave me one when I was 4 years old, and I've wanted to make matching covers for the boys' bunkbed ever since we ordered it over 2 years ago, let alone when we actually GOT it almost 1 year ago. Anyway, you get the picture that I'm really happy to have this project/dream done... AND to have it look so good is a total bonus and all due to Dixie's masterful quilting fingers.


Gwen was looking so cute today I needed to take some pictures. I could just eat her up sometimes.

6 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

those turned out so cute!! I love them. And Gwen is looking so grown up. Happy love day to you!

MandaMommy said...

Cute cute cute! Wish you'd been here to spice up our Valentine's day!

dixie said...

So glad you had a wonderful V-day! The heart-attack at Chris' work sounds just amazing! You were the real whiz behind the quilts. I just followed along! I miss you all so much! Thanks for a wonderful week.

merilee said...

Those duvet covers are so cute! I love all your creative valentine fun. Sweet. Love you bunches :)

brittany said...

Can I eat Gwen up too? She is absolutely ADORABLE!

Renee said...

Happy V-Day to you! I am always amazed at how productive and creative you are. That's what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day, but didn't get around to it. I also love the kids artwork for the fire engine, race car, cookie, and ice cream. That is the kids' artwork right?... :)